Monday, May 01, 2006

Checking In

I am so happy that today is May 1. April kicked my butt big time. Between teaching first Holy Communion, Holy Week, and my Internship Project I really wore myself out. Last week I was a little more than tired and really felt like I had 'checked out' for lack of energy to care about anything important. The one thing that kept me on track for the week was a funeral that I had on Saturday. It was the first funeral that I presided over alone - Pastor Nagle was in her 'retirement home' in Vermont (at least she told me she was going up there this time...). You know you have a crappy funeral director when he leaves during the service to wash his car. And believe it or not this was not the first clue that we had that he was an idiot.

So with the start of May I am checking back in for the next 3 months. 90 days until I am out of here! I will be away for 13 days of this month so I am sure it will fly by in a flash. It's hard to believe that I have been here for 8 months already since some days it feels like I have been here for 8 years. Don't get me wrong, I love these people but after the adventure that was Easter I am about ready for a break. I have not been home or away from CT on my own at all since January and right now I am really itching for a change of scenery. I will be home for two weekends in May so that will be great and then all I have left is June and July.

Well, enough about that. I am going to bed. Busy week to come! Goodnight!

1 comment:

Christine said...

get comment verification so you don't get comments like the above anymore