Thursday, November 29, 2007

Third Time's the Charm

Well the blog-gods were not on my side earlier this evening. I was attempting to blog from my brand new Palm Treo and after I wrote out the post, twice, I could not successfully click the "publish post" button and therefore could not share my words with the world.

Life is going well right now. We are excited to have our new kittens home with us. We named them Marty and Phil, in honor of Martin Luther and Philip Melancthon, and each has his own, distinct, personality. Marty is outgoing and a trouble maker when he is not sleeping on the couch between Tim and I. Phil spends most of the day under the bed in our second bedroom only coming out to eat or when Marty chases him around.

Thanksgiving was a circus. We hit 3 houses in about 6 hours and saw a lot of family. It's so hard to be this far away when the rest of our families are so close together. One good thing was that some of us had just seen each other at my Dad's wedding (which was fine) and so we were a bit more relaxed with each other. It was a good day overall and definitely helped with the sadness that I had about missing my Mom and Aunts.

Now we are gearing up for Advent and Christmas. December is going to be a whirlwind right until the end. From youth group events, LTSP Advent Vespers, my installation on the 16th, Advent, Christmas and the regular work that comes with the job we will be going non-stop. Hopefully we will be able to stop and enjoy the season a bit as well. As of December 23 Tim and I will have been together for 4 years and it seems like the time has just flown by.

I will try to post some pictures of the kittens soon as well as my thoughts on the season of Advent - of which I have many.

Until then, Come, Lord Jesus.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.