Thursday, April 20, 2006

I was on a roll...

And then suddenly I am gone for 10 days. Holy week was really great but SO busy. I learned a lot about planning services and how (not) to instruct congregations when they are beginning an Easter Vigil tradition and have NO IDEA what is going on. Easter morning was glorious and I belted out those "Alleluias" because I had been waiting for Easter since the beginning of Lent. I cannot remember a time thta I wanted to see Easter more than this year, except when I was younger and Easter meant candy more than it meant celebrating the resurrection of our Lord.

Contrary to what it may seem, I actually have a lot to say about the world and what is happening in it. I come up with blog ideas all day long, unfortunatley they always come to me while I am in the car, in my office, or in church (when you have to go 3 times a Sunday you have some day dreaming room during the sermon). Things like the way people drive, the way this church operates in its daily life, life in Connecticut, and weddings in general. But then I come home and it becomes the end of the day I am not longer wanting to rant about the way people follow you on the highway or how much I love The Daily Show.

Right now I am knee deep in my Internship Project. The main event is this Sunday and as it approaches I am realizing how much I have to get done. I am leading a workshop called, "Exploring Our Mission" in which we will talk about Biblical and Lutheran models of mission and then discuss what the needs are for this community and how our mission statement reflects all of these things. It's gonna be a good time but I am going to be wicked happy when it's Monday and I am done with one more milestone on the way to the end of internship.

So I apologize to those you who read this - there are more than I had first thought. I appreciate your interest because it makes me feel worthwhile as a person, that and when I go to Panera and they no longer ask for my name when I order. Speaking of Panera... on Easter I was greeting some college kids and one of them said "Aren't you in Panera a lot?" I had to admit my patheticness and then told his mother that the next time he sees me he should say hi so that the people who work there think that I have friends.

No comments: