Monday, April 10, 2006

Welcome to Holy Week

Welcome to Holy Week.

It started with my day off which is probably an appropriate way to begin this week. The sad thing is that my supervisor's day off is Friday and so she will not have a day off until next week - and I am sure that I will hear about it at sometime this week. Tomorrow and Wednesday we will be preparing for the marathon that will be Thursday, Friday, Saturday and Sunday with at least 2 services on most of those days along with various other activities. I am preaching for the Bristol community Good Friday service so that should be cool, I am looking forward to it since I have not preached on Good Friday before let alone for a multi-denominational service.

This past weekend was an adventure but one that we came through pretty well. There were a few surprises along the way such as the fact that apparently I have been volunteered to sing the psalm on Maundy Thursday which no one told me until it was time to rehearse - since I HATE when people volunteer me for things without asking me I did not attend the rehearsal, I also had something much more important to do anyway. During the Sunday School hour (also during rehearsal time) we did a kind of 'Stations of the Cross' activity with the kids to show them some of the things that we celebrate this week. It was really cool and I was really glad to have a chance to help with it.

One of the more interesting parts of being the Vicar is realizing that your schedule is not something that anyone check's with before they schedule meetings/activities that they expect you to attend. One of the classes I missed in seminary was "How to Divide your Body in Two" so that I could successfully attend two things at a time. So Sunday night when both confirmation and Cruzando preparation needed my attention I had to split it up between them. Maybe when I am ordained I will get to learn it, along with that secret handshake that I see everyone doing...

Tim is coming on Wednesday so this week is going to get really good on that day. The weather this week is gorgeous so in general I am a happier person since sunshine is like a drug to me - can't get enough! Well, until I am sunburnt and cursing it's existence...

Welcome to Holy Week...

No comments: