Tuesday, March 14, 2006

Feeling better

Woke up this morning able to breathe a little easier through my nose and still felt like the 8lbs that I have lost far have not crept back into my life. Unfortunately I did not wake up until 10 so I had to do a little running around to get some stuff done.

We had pericope this afternoon and it sucked. We had a presentation about the ELCA Global Mission Event from a very damp and stupid man. Usually this event should bring excitment and fun for those involved, unfortunately this guy didn't get the memo that he shouldn't walk into conference meetings and act like no one wants to get involved. There was actually a moment when I looked around the room and no one was actually engaged in what this man was saying, it was quite sad. Then one of the pastors led a brief text study for the gospel lesson for next Sunday that was almost as crappy as the previous presentation. In college and seminary I learned how to present my work in a way that made it look like I actually did more work than I did - apparently this pastor missed that part of his experience. He always brings printouts from online sermons and text studies. Just once I would love to see something that he actually did himself, he makes this job look like anyone can do it if they have a computer and know which sites to use. The good part of the afternoon was getting back into the car with my Supervisor and knowing that she completely agreed with me about our experience. I do like her most of the time.

I tried to make a pita bread pizza today and failed miserably. Brother has been making these kinds of pizzas forever and I thought that since I have watched him do it over and over I might have caught on to how to accomplish this - but of course I failed. I pre-cooked the pita like the package said so that could have been my first mistake but I think that the ultimate mistake was using Prego Three Cheese sauce instead of regular tomato sauce - Brother also confirmed this fact. He also recommended using a toaster oven instead of the conventional oven - unfortunately I will not have my toaster oven until either someone buy's it for us for the wedding or we buy it for ourselves, until then I will just keep on trying. Or maybe just make the ham and cheese sandwiches - an art which I have mastered, phew.

March is going a little slower than I would have liked but I guess it's ok since I have so much work to do before the month is over. I have 4 and a half months left here and the last 3 are going to fly by. My project is slated for April 23 and I cannot wait for that to be over becuase then I will be able to concentrate on going to the Nat'l Youth Gathering with the kids and maybe even on getting married. Life is really starting to come together and I could not be happier about it.

No comments: