Saturday, March 18, 2006

Tired

I am so tired. I did not blog last night because I was at church at a lock-in for the middle school kids that went with us to Youth Quake in January. We had a great time and even had live music from a group of our kids who decided to become a band and cover some Captive Free songs - we ignored the fact that the CDs that they used for background help were louder than the kids. I got it all on video so I will show the kids the footage later on and leave them the tape to keep this memory. We had pizza, played Hide and Go Seek in the dark in the church - which everyone loved! - a bible study about Stand on the Rock (theme from Youth Quake) and had a great discussion with the kids. It was really a great event and I am so proud of the kids for being wonderful and cleaning up really well - no one would ever know we had a band set up!

One of the downfalls of a lock-in is that we do not sleep much, if at all. I am quickly realizing this year that I do not have the same bounce back abilities as I did in high school and college. My body is still aching from sleeping on the hard floor last night and I was a zombie after 1pm today. Luckily I was able to get a nap this afternoon and get some energy to be a little productive this evening. I am not feeling old but I am realizing that if I am going to be doing this for a little while I need to prepare myself appropriately for the amount of recovery time needed.

I had to wake up early this morning and run to my house to shower before I had to leave for a meeting in Manchester, CT for Cruzando training. Cruzando, Spanish for crossing, is the theme for the ELCA National Youth Gathering in San Antonio, TX this summer. It was really good to see other leaders from New England Synod churches and get to discuss our fundraising ideas, covenants, and our past gathering experiences - both good and bad. I think that it helped the two other leaders from Gloria Dei because this is their first gathering and there is only so much that I can tell them to get excited - this event really helped them understand how great this really is. The gathering is one of the last events that I will attend on internship and I am really looking foward the whole experience.

Maybe tomorrow I will have some more deep insight into life - right now I am becoming a zombie again and should probably go to bed.

No comments: