Thursday, March 30, 2006

Beautiful India

I thought that I would post some more pictures tonight. For this post I will post some of the more beautiful pictures from India.

The flower was taken in a natural medicinal garden and while I have no idea what the plant itself is called, the flower is gorgeous.


This picture is of the beach along the Arabian sea in Mangalore. I got to swim in the 70-80 degree water, it was amazing to be there. For the most part people do not take vacations like we do and so it was a little odd to the locals that we were swimming in the sea.


These are some women that were part of a vocational college that was run out of a seminary in Mangalore. They were amazing people and were happy to show us what they were working on both in their typing and seamstress classes.


Here is a photo that I took through the window at a Buddhist Temple in Bangalore. The monks are teaching smaller boys the ways of Buddhism so that they too will become monks one day. There were beautiful gardens surrounding the temple too.

No comments: