Thursday, March 02, 2006

No more snow!!

Grrrr... After having 25 inches of snow in one day a few weeks ago I am about done with winter in New England. Some of my friends from the midwest will argue that they are also suffering with extreme cold and winter weather as well but there is a reason I left after 4 years - I had enough! As March began I had begun to think of spring clothes and skirts and then we get 6 inches of snow - stupid Northeast. Every meeting I had planned for today (there were 3) was cancelled and all of a sudden my very busy day became very free and I was quite bored. I ended up shoveling snow and cleaning off my car, twice. So much for getting some stuff done!


So for those of you who are not familiar with life in Connecticut let me help you understand what you are missing. One of the first things that I noticed in my time here is that the news broadcasts are for the entire state of Connecticut. Where I am from in South Jersey the news is for the Philadelphia region which includes Philly, South Jersey, Delaware, and even into some parts of PA just west of Philly. There are some nights here in CT when I really think that the producers actually had to make up stories in order to fill in the 20 minutes of air time and there are many stories that just do not make sense in their presentation. For example, tonight there was a brief story about new FDA standards for PRE-CUT VEGETABLES sold in supermarkets and for the video portion of the story they were showing UN-CUT FRUIT - that doesn't match!

I gave each of the 3 networks (Fox is not recognized as an actual news network in my home) a try out in my first few weeks here and I soon realized that none of them actually provided me with the level of quality news broadcasting that I received from my Action News team in Philly. So I decided that I couldn't watch weather with "Dr. Mel" who is older than dirt and talks as if he is about keel over at any moment. So I decided to go with NBC 30 and the 'manscaper' as Tim calls him - someone should tell one of the anchors that his mustache does not meet cultural standards for thickness, a little creepy but at least I don't have to worry about him entering life eternal on air.


I didn't get to go to the Y tonight - STUPID SNOW! - so I will have to visit that topic at a later date.

Tim comes to visit tomorrow!!!! yay!!! Living alone sucks when you are engaged!

Time for the Colbert Report! :)

No comments: